Old Masters Tung Oil Varnish (473ml)
This product is made from a blend of Tung Oil and fine varnishes. It dries to a durable, non-oily finish which is water and alcohol resistant. It penetrates the wood surface to protect fine furniture, enhancing the natural beauty and richness of the wood grain.
Surface Preparation All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dirt, wax, grease, glue and other contaminants. WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead
1. Apply Old Masters Tung Oil Varnish with a lint-free cloth, rubbing in the direction of the woodgrain. For brushing applications, brush in the direction of the woodgrain.
2. Wipe off excess with a clean, lint-free cloth.
3. Allow the surface to dry 4 to 6 hours.
4. Buff lightly with fine steel wool and remove dust prior to recoating.
5. Reapply. Subsequent coats of Tung Oil Varnish will increase the depth and luster of the finish.
Thinning Do not thin. Use as packaged.
Clean Up Using a cleaning solvent, such as paint thinner or mineral spirits, is recommended for cleanup. The use of paint thinners or mineral spirits may violate VOC compliancy in your area. Check with your local government agencies to ensure proper compliancy.