Para Timbercare Hybrid Exterior Solid Stain
Timbercare Exterior Hybrid Solid Stain with its alkyd fortified acrylic formula is a top quality self priming and sealer made of an alkyd and acrylic latex blend. This Hybrid blend offering the superior penetration and adhesion properties of an oil based primer and the long lasting durability of a 100% acrylic. Protects and beautifies exterior new wood, weathered wood or previously painted or stained wood surfaces. Recommended for wood siding, fences, trim, decks and outside furniture.
- Soap and water clean
- Superior penetration and adhesion of an oil based
- Blended with 100% acrylic for long lasting durability
- Formulated to protect from UV radiation and to help prevent surface mildew
- Provides resistance against weather exposure, cracking, blistering or peeling
- Hides the color of the wood, but still shows the texture
- Product that complies with the Canadian environmental standards in relation to volatile organic compounds (VOC)
Before applying the product, wait 48 hours after rainfall or high pressure cleaning. The wood must have between 12 to 18% moisture content.
- This is a ready-to-use product and should not be diluted.
- Thoroughly stir the product before and during application.
- Condition the tools with water before using them.
- Apply the product along the grain of the wood. If you use a roller, immediately smooth the surface with a paintbrush. To avoid lapping, only coat a few boards at a time. Generously saturate the ends of the boards. Apply two coats to achieve optimum performance, and comply with the prescribed drying time before covering. If second coat is not applied within 5 days after the first coat; please sand surface lightly with 150-180 grit sandpaper prior to applying second coat of stain.
- Let surface dry completely before walking on it. Extend drying time in case of heavy rain, cooler temperatures and high humidity.
- Wait 48 hours before resuming normal traffic, 5 to 7 days before replacing furniture on the deck and 14 days before cleaning the surface with a non-abrasive detergent and water.
- To obtain more information on application methods, visit the website at www.para.com